Benefits for Children and Families
The Value of VKRP Assessments
The VKRP assessments in math, social skills, self-regulation and literacy give teachers a more comprehensive understanding of your child's strengths and areas for further growth. Readiness data is shared with teachers and schools to help individualize instruction for your child.
The information helps educators prepare children in their classroom for future school success . Your child's teacher may share this readiness data with you.
As a parent VKRP data assessments may be useful to:
- Better understand your child's readiness in a variety of learning domains.
- Know what skills you can support and work on with your child at home.
- Collaborate with your child's teachers to identify appropriate home learning activities.
Social-emotional areas can deeply affect student learning. Academic readiness is not the sole area of readiness in which to assess children.
Your Child's Participation in VKRP includes:
- Completing an assessment administered by his/her teacher in the fall of kindergarten.
- An opportunity to receive more individualized instruction to support your child's further learning.